National Biosolids Partnership
The National Biosolids Partnership (NBP) is an alliance of the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA) and WEF, with advisory support from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It is committed to developing and advancing environmentally sound and sustainable biosolids management practices that go beyond regulatory compliance and promote public participation in order to enhance the credibility of local agency biosolids programs and improved communications that lead to public acceptance.
- Advance environmentally sound and accepted biosolids management practices;
- Develop a comprehensive environmental management system (EMS) for biosolids that will serve as a model for the wastewater profession;
- Help EMS program participants demonstrate to their communities that they are committed to performing above and beyond mandatory regulatory requirements and explain how they are working to improve their environmental performance;
- Help EMS program participants involve their communities in defining improved performance or areas that still require attention; and
- Develop and administer a centralized clearinghouse for biosolids information.
Please visit the National Biosolids Partnership for more information.