BIOSOLIDS: When Opportunity Knocks, How Can Municipalities and POTWs Partner with the Biofuels Industry (1-11-2012)
01/11/2012 - 2:00 - 3:30 PM EST
This webcast has now passed. Please check the Webcasts page for information on any plans for future offerings. If you are interested in viewing the webcast recording, please email email@example.com.
NBP No Charge Webcast
As POTWS are recognized as a stable and valuable source of carbon, energy and nutrient there is interest from the private sector in developing projects to create numerous products such as biofuels and recovered materials. For POTW managers and directors these opportunities provide a new set of challenges of working with the private sector, alternative finance, confidentiality and differences in project expectations. This webcast will provide a background on the status of the industry and identify potential areas of collaboration between the two industries. This interactive webcast also seeks to create a dialogue between POTWs and between the Biofuels industry and POTWs to identify areas of concern and potential conflict. Finally, the webcast will identify potential paths to resolve these issues so that collaborations have a high likelihood of success.
- POTWs are being recognized as a valuable source of carbon, energy and nutrients.
- How will public facilities interact with the private sector in creating opportunities to recover resources.
- How will real and perceived constraints of public entities working with the private sector be addressed.
- Learn about the vetting process – Identifying the scope needed, What data is available and needed and who needs to be involved
- How to lay the foundation for the business case
- Learn how to Identify funding options for public entities
- Understand the current opportunities in the Biofuels industry
- Learn about opportunities available for POTWs to collaborate with the Biofuels industry
- Get San Francisco Overview
- Learn about risks of working with POTWs
- Learn of benefits of working with POTWs
- Project Financing Options
- How POTWs can attract the Biofuels Industry
- Bob Wimmer, Black & Veatch - “The Biofuels Industry Today – Where do POTWs Fit In?
- Jackie Jarrell, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utilities, NC - “Am I a Target or a Partner - POTW Considerations for Working with Private Industries”
- Nate Turner, BlackGold Biofuels - “Perspectives from the Biofuels Industry on Working with POTWs”
There will be 1.5 Professional Development Hours offered for this webcast. Please check with your state accreditation agency to determine if you qualify for the credits.
Residuals and Biosolids Committee - Biofuels Taskforce