Search Government Affairs!

Narrow your search by selecting one or more of the options below:
Keywords



To find WEFTEC materials please visit WEFTEC.ORG!

In a memo released by the White House, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) directed agency and department heads to identify ways to trim 5 percent from FY2011 budget levels for FY2013.  The memo also requests that agencies find a minimum of an additional 5 percent of savings in discretionary spending to bring the total budget to a level that is 10 percent below FY2011 levels.  Specific language in the memo rules out the possibility of across-the-board cuts, reclassifying spending as mandatory, and identifying cuts in mandatory spending in appropriations legislation as means to meet the required reductions in spending.