Schlenz Public Education
Recognizes accomplishments of the media, journalists and others whose profession is outside of the water environment profession field. This medal is in memory of Harry E. Schlenz, who served as Federation President in 1961-1962. Mr. Schlenz was a distinguished leader in promoting public understanding of the need for effective water quality. Through his efforts a special award was presented by the Federation in 1967 to a writer for the Chicago Tribune for an outstanding series in that newspaper on water pollution control.
- Documented achievements of an individual who actively and publicly promotes water environment public education.
- Nominee's principal employment must be outside of the water environment.
- A nominee's contribution should be in the area of journalism, film or video production, or any other communication endeavor.
- Cannot be a member of the Water Environment Federation.
- Nomination Form
- One page biography of the nominee
- Specific reasons for nomination (one page maximum)
- Any other supporting material required under criteria or that you feel would be helpful in the selection process.
Nominations Accepted From:
WEF Member Associations
Please submit final copy of your nomination to email@example.com April 1.