The Stockholm Junior Water Prize competition consists of four levels: regional, state, national, and international. Awards are given at each of these levels to recognize student achievement in water-related research.
SJWP Regional Winners Receive:
- An SJWP regional certificate
- A nomination to compete in the SJWP state competition
- A one-year complimentary WEF student membership
Note: The competition is open to all qualifying students whether or not they have participated in a science fair. Students may self-nominate.
SJWP State Winners Receive:
- An all-expense-paid trip to Herndon, Virginia, to compete in the national competition June 19-20, 2015.
- An SJWP state medal
Note: Some states present their state winners with additional awards. For information on your specific state, consult the State Deadlines and Awards List.
SJWP National Runners-Up Receive (Up to two projects):
- A $1000 scholarship (per project)
- A framed certificate depicting them as a SJWP National Finalist
The SJWP National Winner Receives:
- A $10,000 scholarship and the national trophy (per project)
- An all-expenses-paid trip with their science teacher to Stockholm, Sweden, to compete in the international SJWP competition from August 22-28, 2015. For more information about the international competition, visit www.SIWI.org.
- A framed certificate depicting them as the U.S. SJWP Winner.
The SJWP International Winner Receives:
- $5,000 USD and the international trophy