About Water Environment Research
(Published as: Sewage Works Journal, 1928 - 1949; Sewage and Industrial Wastes, 1950 - 1959; Journal Water Pollution Control Federation, 1959 - Oct 1989; Research Journal Water Pollution Control Federation, Nov 1989 - 1991; Water Environment Research, 1992 - present)
|Water Environment Research (WER) publishes peer-reviewed research papers, research notes, state-of-the-art and critical reviews on original, fundamental and applied research in all scientific and technical areas related to water quality, pollution control, and management.
Topics of interest include...
- Physical, chemical, and biological treatment processes for drinking water and wastewater (agricultural, municipal, industrial), including residuals and biosolids management, odors, and gaseous emissions.
- Water quality assessment and monitoring for point and non-point pollution, including stormwater control.
- Water conservation and reuse.
- Water and wastewater-related public health, environmental exposure analysis and risk assessment.
- Solid and hazardous waste treatment and management.
- Waste minimization, recycle and reuse.
- Environmental restoration, soil and groundwater remediation.
- Groundwater and surface water management, including watershed protection.
- Waste-to-energy conversion processes.
- Aquatic sediments and sediment/water interactions.
- Mathematical modeling and simulation of engineered and natural, environmental multimedia processes and systems.
Water Environment Research encourages discussion of published papers. Peer review and technical content is managed by the WER Board of Editorial Review.
Access WER Online
Visit WER Online for online access. Download instructions to register and activate your personal or institutional subscription. Not a subscriber? Visit our store to subscribe and start accessing WER!
Access WER Archives
Past issues, 1992 - present, can be purchased through WER Online on IngentaConnect. Issues published 1928 - 2007 are included in the JSTOR archives