Creative Rate Structure and Affordability Program Options for Utilities
08/21/2013 - 1:00 - 3:00 pm Eastern
This webcast has now passed. Please check the Webcasts page
for information on any plans for future offerings. If you are
interested in viewing the webcast recording, please use the following FTP link: http://www.wefnet.org/creativeratestructure/.
Over the last couple of years, utility affordability
programs have received significant national attention due to the current
economic uncertainty and pressure on utility services to not increase rates on
customers who are financially challenged. Additionally, over the past decade,
utilities have been facing declining per capita usage and a shift toward
conservation rate structures (volumetric based) which have impacted revenue
streams and created budgeting challenges in an effort to offset a significant number
of fixed and rising operational costs. The Utilities Management Committee would
like to invite all interested parties to join us in this dialogue.
- Fixed versus Variable Charges
- Case Study - Shifting Revenue Recovery
- Addressing Pricing Objectives Through Rate Design
- Low-Income Affordability Programs
- Bart Kreps, Manager, Raftelis Financial Consultants, Inc.
- Scott Dewhirst, P.E., Assistant Director, Newport News Waterworks, VA
- Mike Matichich, Financial Services Lead, CH2M HILL
- Robert Steidel, Director of Public Utilities, City of Richmond, VA
- Matthew H. Stolte, P.E., Committee Chair Utilities Management Committee - VWEA/AWWA, Town of Blacksburg, VA (Moderator)
This webcast is being offered at no charge.
There will be 2.0 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) offered for
this webcast. Please check with your state accreditation agency to
determine if you qualify.
- Virginia Water Environment Association (VWEA) / American Water Works Association (AWWA) Utilities Management Committee - Financial Management Focus Group
Questions about this webcast should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.