FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Lori Harrison, (703) 684-2480
August 13, 2013
"Think Outside of the Box" at the WEFTEC 2013 Innovation Showcase
Gates Foundation, True North Ventures Among High Profile Exhibitors
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Innovation shifts our business-as-usual thinking to something different and better. The WEFTEC 2013 Innovation Showcase will help you “think outside of the box” by putting a spotlight on water sector innovation and providing access to the leaders and technologies that are making it happen.
In partnership with BlueTech® Research and Imagine H2O, WEF will once again present the Innovation Pavilion, one component of the broader Showcase. The Showcase will feature a host of companies offering cutting-edge products and services, as well programming structured around innovative themes that will occur throughout the week in the Innovation Pavilion Theater.
Relevant to utilities, investors, strategic partners, entrepreneurs, and technology providers, highlights of the Innovation Showcase programming will include:
- Help Reinvent the Toilet with the Gates Foundation and see the Omni-Ingestor and OmniProcessor prototypes at the Gates Foundation’s Water Sanitation & Hygiene exhibit.
- Learn how market and water sector leaders facilitate innovation from True North Ventures, M3 Capital, Veolia’s Innovation Accelerator, and XPV Capital.
- Hear the top 5 success factors from innovative utilities and early adopters including Singapore, Israel, and DC Water.
- Meet the winners of Imagine H2O, BlueTech Forum, WEF Innovation Awards, and The Water Council’s Global Freshwater Seed Accelerator. These startup companies will be presenting and exhibiting in the Innovation Showcase Pavilion about resource recovery, leak detection, innovative green infrastructure solutions, and many other topics.
- Discover advances in technologies including renewable diesel generation from biosolids and FOG, application of industrial semiconductor carbon capture techniques to clean biogas, and advances in desalination and nutrient recovery.
- Recognize true innovation where it counts at the Operator Ingenuity contest.
- Collaborate with Water Clusters professionals from Confluence, The Water Council, WaterTAP Ontario and more.
The Innovation Showcase activities will take place as part of WEFTEC 2013, WEF’s 86th Annual Technical Exhibition & Conference, from October 7-9, 2013 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Ill. Visit www.weftec.org/innovation for the latest details.
Make THE Water Quality Event, YOUR Water Quality Event.
Scheduled for October 5-9 at McCormick Place, WEFTEC 2013 will feature more than 140 technical sessions, 27 workshops, numerous events and the largest exhibition in WEFTEC history! Don’t miss your chance to attend the world’s largest annual water quality conference and exhibition. Register today at www.weftec.org.
Note to Editors: Complimentary registration is available for credential media representatives in advance through August 30 or onsite beginning Sunday, October 6. Visit the WEFTEC Online Press Room for complete details.
Founded in 1928, the Water Environment Federation (WEF) is a not-for-profit technical and educational organization of 36,000 individual members and 75 affiliated Member Associations representing water quality professionals around the world. WEF members, Member Associations, and staff proudly work to achieve our mission to provide bold leadership, champion innovation, connect water professionals, and leverage knowledge to support clean and safe water worldwide. To learn more, visit www.wef.org.
About BlueTech® Research
BlueTech® Research provides investors, water companies, researchers and regulators with the latest information at their finger tips, providing clarity and critical analysis on emerging water technology market areas. We map and analyze the area of water technology innovation. We are focused on what is changing and how new approaches, new technologies and new needs are re-shaping the water technology market. To learn more, please visit www.bluetechresearch.com.
About Imagine H2O
Imagine H2O inspires and empowers people to solve water challenges and turn them into opportunities. We offer annual competitions for water innovation with focused, specific challenges including Water Efficiency (2009), Water-Energy Nexus (2010),Wastewater (2011) and Consumer Innovations (2012). In addition to cash prizes for the best ideas, the Imagine H2O Accelerator helps participating entrepreneurs turn their plans into game-changing, real-world solutions. To learn more about Imagine H2O’s global ecosystem for water innovation and connect with water entrepreneurs from around the world, please visit www.imagineh2o.org.