The Midyear Meeting primarily provides an opportunity for key volunteer committees to meet face-to-face and develop programming for WEFTEC®, WEF’s annual Technical Exhibition and Conference.
2015 Midyear Meeting
February 4-7, 2015
720 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605
Preliminary Schedule of Events (PDF) - updated January 26, 2015
Hotel Reservations | Hilton Chicago
Although the official reservation deadline has passed, do not hesitate to call the Hilton Chicago to see if rooms are still available either at WEF's group rate or at another promotional rate.
Deadline (passed): January 12, 2015
Group Rate: $149+/night exclusive of 16.4% nightly occupancy tax (taxes subject to change)
Room Type: the group rate applies to deluxe Business Class accommodations, including guestroom Wi-Fi and Health Club access at no additional charge. Rooms with either (1) King bed or (2) Double beds are available.
Reservations by Telephone (toll free): 1-877-865-5320. Reference Group Code “WEF” when speaking with the live agent.
A credit card is required to guarantee your reservation. Your credit card will not be charged in advance unless you either cancel your reservation less than 72-hours prior to your guaranteed check-in date, or are a no-show on your guaranteed check-in date. The late cancellation or no-show penalty fee is equal to one night’s room rate plus occupancy tax ($173.44).
There is no cost to register for the Midyear Meeting. Please note that participation in some meetings & events is by invitation only, as noted on the schedule of events.
After January 26, please register on site. Name badges for attendee registrations received by January 26 will be pre-printed and shipped to the hotel.
Advance Deadline (passed): January 19, 2015
Meeting/Event Registration Form (PDF)
Getting To and Around Chicago
O'Hare International (ORD) - approximately 18 miles from the Hilton Chicago, 45 minute one-way commute
Midway International (MDW) - approximately 12 miles from the Hilton Chicago, 25 minute one-way commute
Shared Ride Vans
GO Airport Express provides a shared ride airport shuttle service throughout the Chicago Metropolitan area. GO Airport Express is a city and state utility, their vans have preferential loading along the inner curb just outside of baggage claim at both airports.
- From/to O'Hare: fares between O'Hare and the Hilton Chicago are approximately $32 one-way or $58 round-trip. Airport Shuttle Service leaves O'Hare airport for downtown Chicago hotels and businesses every 10 to 15 minutes from terminals 1E, 3F, 2D and 5E. You do not need a reservation if you are leaving O'Hare for downtown. However, an advance reservation is required if you are traveling to the airport.
- From/to Midway: fares between Midway and the Hilton Chicago are approximately $27 one-way or $48 round-trip. Airport Shuttle Service departs Midway Airport going to all hotels in downtown Chicago every 15 minutes. You do not need an advance reservation if you are leaving Midway for downtown. However, an advance reservations is required if you are traveling to the airport.
Reservations by Telephone: 1-888-284-3826
All taxicabs in the City of Chicago run on meters; there are no flat rates. Taxis charge a base rate of $3.25 plus $1.80/mile. Additional fees apply for airport departures/arrivals ($2.00) and shared rides ($1.00 for second adult passenger; $.50 for third or more adult passengers). Tolls are an extra charge. There are no extra charges for baggage, baggage handling, or payment by credit/debit card.
- From/to O'Hare: expect to spend approximately $50 for a taxicab ride to the Hilton Chicago. Taxicabs are available on a first come, first serve basis curbside on the lower level of all terminals.
- From/to Midway: expect to spend approximately $35 for a taxicab ride to the Hilton Chicago. Taxicabs are available on a first come, first serve basis curbside from the lower level of the terminal.
- Shared Rides from Airports: two or more strangers may choose to share a ride from a designated airport cab stand to the same destination for a flat rate per person. Current shared ride rates are $24/person from O’Hare to downtown, and $18/person from Midway to downtown (subject to change).
Chicago Transit Authority (CTA)
CTA provides ‘L’ train service directly to both O'Hare and Midway. Machines at the stations issue new Ventra Cards.
- From/to O’Hare: the Blue Line provides service directly into O'Hare Airport. The current fare from O’Hare is $5.00 (subject to change). The fully-accessible O’Hare station is situated in the lower level concourse, which connects Airline Terminals 1, 2 and 3, and is conveniently accessed from Terminal 5 by free, frequent airport shuttle trains. The Jackson stop on the Blue Line is closest to the Hilton Chicago. Exit the train at the Jackson stop and walk 0.6 miles southeast to 720 S. Michigan Ave.
- From/to Midway: the Orange Line provides service directly to Midway Airport. The current fare from Midway is $2.25 (subject to change). The fully-accessible Midway station is right next to the airport terminal building, connected by an enclosed walkway. The Roosevelt stop on the Orange Line is closest to the Hilton Chicago. Exit the train at the Roosevelt stop and walk 0.5 miles north to 720 S. Michigan Ave.
2016: January 27 - 30 | Coral Gables, Florida | Westin Colonnade
2017: January 25 - 28 | Coral Gables, Florida | Westin Colonnade