The Midyear Meeting primarily provides an opportunity for key volunteer committees to meet face-to-face and develop programming for WEFTEC®, WEF’s annual Technical Exhibition and Conference.
2015 Midyear Meeting
February 4-7, 2015
720 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605
Preliminary Schedule of Events (PDF)
Hotel Reservations | Hilton Chicago
Deadline: January 5, 2015
Group Rate: $149+/night exclusive of 16.4% nightly occupancy tax (taxes subject to change)
Room Type: the group rate applies to deluxe Business Class accommodations, including guestroom Wi-Fi and Health Club access at no additional charge. Rooms with either (1) King bed or (2) Double beds are available.
Reservations by Telephone (toll free): 1-877-865-5320. Reference Group Code “WEF” when speaking with the live agent.
The group rate is available on a first-come, first-served basis until January 5th or until the room block sells out, whichever occurs first. Neither WEF nor the Hotel can guarantee availability or the group rate for rooms after the January 5th deadline.
A credit card is required to guarantee your reservation. Your credit card will not be charged in advance unless you either cancel your reservation less than 72-hours prior to your guaranteed check-in date, or are a no-show on your guaranteed check-in date. The late cancellation or no-show penalty fee is equal to one night’s room rate plus occupancy tax ($173.44).
There is no cost to register for the Midyear Meeting. You may register either in advance or on site. Please note that participation in some meetings & events is by invitation only, as noted on the schedule of events.
Advance Registration Deadline: January 19, 2015
Meeting/Event Registration Form (PDF)
How To Register Online:
- Select “Register Now”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to log-in to WEF’s e-commerce site as a registered user, or to create a new user account.
- Once logged-in, review your Contact Information. Edit if necessary. Select “Next”.
- The Registration Information page should pre-populate the 2015 Midyear Meeting. Select “Next”.
- “Add” sessions. Sessions are sorted in chronological order. Scroll down the page to view the complete list of available sessions. Once you’ve added sessions, select “Next” at the bottom of the page.
- Review the Registration Summary page. Edit if necessary. Select “Go to Cart and Checkout”.
- Review your Cart. Only the Midyear Meeting (parent product) should appear; sessions are not listed in Cart view. Select “Checkout”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to Verify Your Billing Address (yes, you must do this even though registration is free) and to Complete Registration.
- Finally – you should see an Order Summary page, thanking you for registering and listing the Midyear Meeting and all sessions that you selected. You should also receive an auto-generated confirmation e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org, acknowledging your Midyear Meeting registration (sessions are not listed in the e-confirmation).
- If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail please contact either Conference Coordinator Melissa Rose: (703) 684-2400 ext. 7221, or Meeting Manager Deana Gissendanner: (703) 684-2431 to verify your registration.
Getting To and Around Chicago
O'Hare International (ORD) - approximately 18 miles from the Hilton Chicago, 45 minute one-way commute
Midway International (MDW) - approximately 12 miles from the Hilton Chicago, 25 minute one-way commute
Shared Ride Vans
GO Airport Express provides a shared ride airport shuttle service throughout the Chicago Metropolitan area. GO Airport Express is a city and state utility, their vans have preferential loading along the inner curb just outside of baggage claim at both airports.
- From/to O'Hare: fares between O'Hare and the Hilton Chicago are approximately $32 one-way or $58 round-trip. Airport Shuttle Service leaves O'Hare airport for downtown Chicago hotels and businesses every 10 to 15 minutes from terminals 1E, 3F, 2D and 5E. You do not need a reservation if you are leaving O'Hare for downtown. However, an advance reservation is required if you are traveling to the airport.
- From/to Midway: fares between Midway and the Hilton Chicago are approximately $27 one-way or $48 round-trip. Airport Shuttle Service departs Midway Airport going to all hotels in downtown Chicago every 15 minutes. You do not need an advance reservation if you are leaving Midway for downtown. However, an advance reservations is required if you are traveling to the airport.
Reservations by Telephone: 1-888-284-3826
All taxicabs in the City of Chicago run on meters; there are no flat rates. Taxis charge a base rate of $3.25 plus $1.80/mile. Additional fees apply for airport departures/arrivals ($2.00) and shared rides ($1.00 for second adult passenger; $.50 for third or more adult passengers). Tolls are an extra charge. There are no extra charges for baggage, baggage handling, or payment by credit/debit card.
- From/to O'Hare: expect to spend approximately $50 for a taxicab ride to the Hilton Chicago. Taxicabs are available on a first come, first serve basis curbside on the lower level of all terminals.
- From/to Midway: expect to spend approximately $35 for a taxicab ride to the Hilton Chicago. Taxicabs are available on a first come, first serve basis curbside from the lower level of the terminal.
- Shared Rides from Airports: two or more strangers may choose to share a ride from a designated airport cab stand to the same destination for a flat rate per person. Current shared ride rates are $24/person from O’Hare to downtown, and $18/person from Midway to downtown (subject to change).
Chicago Transit Authority (CTA)
CTA provides ‘L’ train service directly to both O'Hare and Midway. Machines at the stations issue new Ventra Cards.
- From/to O’Hare: the Blue Line provides service directly into O'Hare Airport. The current fare from O’Hare is $5.00 (subject to change). The fully-accessible O’Hare station is situated in the lower level concourse, which connects Airline Terminals 1, 2 and 3, and is conveniently accessed from Terminal 5 by free, frequent airport shuttle trains. The Jackson stop on the Blue Line is closest to the Hilton Chicago. Exit the train at the Jackson stop and walk 0.6 miles southeast to 720 S. Michigan Ave.
- From/to Midway: the Orange Line provides service directly to Midway Airport. The current fare from Midway is $2.25 (subject to change). The fully-accessible Midway station is right next to the airport terminal building, connected by an enclosed walkway. The Roosevelt stop on the Orange Line is closest to the Hilton Chicago. Exit the train at the Roosevelt stop and walk 0.5 miles north to 720 S. Michigan Ave.
2016: January 27 - 30 | Coral Gables, Florida | Westin Colonnade
2017: January 25 - 28 | Coral Gables, Florida | Westin Colonnade