Water Environment Research (WER)
Water Environment Research’s high standards and easy paper submission process ensure you always have access to new and cutting-edge water research. Subscribe today and be as innovative as your research!
Questions about subscriptions? Call WEF Customer Service at 1-800-666-0206. Existing WER Online personal and institutional subscribers can activate their subscriptions by following the links.
June's Open Access Article
Check out the latest open access article in the sixth issue of the year: "Biopolymers Production by Mixed Culture and Their Applications in Water and Wastewater Treatment" by More, Tanaji T.; Yan, Song; Tyagi, Rajeshwar Dayal; Surampalli, Rao Y.
According to Tim Ellis, Water Environment Research's editor-in-chief, "In a recent study on biopolymer production, More and colleagues took advantage of bacteria’s propensity to form extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) in systems that encourage flocculation (e.g., activated sludge). In this study the authors observed higher EPS production from mixed cultures than from pure cultures isolated from secondary sludge obtained at a treatment plant in Quebec City, Canada. In addition, the polymers extracted from the mixed cultures displayed a greater flocculation activity than the polymers from the pure cultures."
Check out WER's most-downloaded articles:
- Effectiveness of Man-Made Wetland Systems in Filtering Contaminants from Urban Runoff in Milledgeville, Georgia
Mutiti, Samuel; Sadowski, Hannah; Melvin, Christine; Mutiti, Christine
- Production of Biodiesel and Biogas from Algae: A Review of Process Train Options
Wiley, Patrick E; Campbell, J. Elliott; McKuin, Brandi
- Effects of Pollution on Marine Organisms
Mearns, Alan J.; Reish, Donald J.; Oshida, Philip S.; Ginn, Thomas; Rempel-Hester, Mary Ann; Arthur, Courtney; Rutherford, Nicolle
- Total Phosphorus Input to the Cache la Poudre River in Northern Colorado
Son, Ji-Hee; Goodwin, Stephen; Carlson, Kenneth
- Retrospective Analyses of Inputs of Municipal Wastewater Effluent and Coupled Impacts on an Urban Lake
Effler, Steven W.; O'Donnell, Susan M.; Prestigiacomo, Anthony R.; Matthews, David A.; Auer, Martin T.
- Energy Return on Investment for Algal Biofuel Production Coupled with Wastewater Treatment
Beal, Colin M.; Stillwell, Ashlynn S.; King, Carey W.; Cohen, Stuart M.; Berberoglu, Halil; Bhattarai, Rajendra P., Connelly, Rhykka L.; Webber, Michael E.; Hebner, Robert E.
- Multispectral Remote Sensing of Harmful Algal Blooms in Lake Champlain, USA
Isenstein, Elizabeth M.; Trescott, Adam; Park, Mi-Hyun
- Multivariate Analyses for Monitoring EDCs and PPCPs in a Lake Water
Park, Minji; Reckhow, David; Lavine, Michael; Rosenfeldt, Erik; Stanford, Benjamin; Park, Mi-Hyun
- Simultaneous Biological Nutrient Removal: A State-of-the-Art Review
Daigger, Glen T.; Littleton, Helen X.
- A Critical Review of Nuisance Foam Formation and Biological Methods for Foam Management or Elimination in Nutrient Removal Facilities
Parker, Denny; Bratby, John; Esping, Don; Hull, Ted; Kelly, Rick; Melcer, Henryk; Merlo, Rion; Pope, Rod; Shafer, Todd; Wahlberg, Eric; Witzgall, Robert
- Ammonia-Based Feedforward and Feedback Aeration Control in Activated Sludge Processes
Rieger, Leiv; Jones, Richard M.; Dold, Peter L.; Bott, Charles B.
Miss last month's issue?
Don't worry! For access to previous issues and open access articles, visit WER Online on IngentaConnect.
Interested in seeing what is open access each month? Sign up for our alert system and get notified when there is a new issue with new open access material! Need help? Check out the step-by-step instructions with screenshots.
Why publish with WER?
In the last year, WER has an average time from submission to print publication of seven months, making it the destination for active academics and researchers. Accepted papers are published online upon acceptance, and subscribers receive innovative research from a diverse and international group of authors. Out of more than 16,200 titles, WER is ranked 16th for number of full-text download on Ingentaconnect, proof of WEF's author's prominence in their fields.
Manuscript submissions are accepted online only. Author Guidelines can be found here.
We know WER is valuable to you but now you need to tell your Library. Use the form below to generate personalized text to send to your institution.