WEF volunteers are the life-blood of the organization and it is essential we recognize our outstanding volunteers.
The Committee Leadership Council (CLC) and House of Delegates (HOD) created this Volunteer Service Recognition to recognize those members who significantly contribute to the successes and achievements of WEF through service in a WEF Committee or the HOD. A Service Recognition Pin will be presented to each recipient in recognition of the honor.
Criteria for Recognition:
1. Must be a member of WEF for a minimum of 5 years and an active committee member or an active HOD workgroup or committee member - a maximum of 15 recipients will be selected in any given year (12 committee members/3 HOD members).
2. Provided significant contributions to WEF via:
Leadership above and beyond in a committee, task force, workgroup, or sub-group of a committee or workgroup
Significant and/or substantial service to a committee or workgroup
Contributed unique, innovative, or creative perspectives to a committee or workgroup
3. Other criteria to consider:
Efforts contributed to the committee, task force, or workgroup
Provided mentoring and/or support to other WEF members
Served as a liaison to other committees, task forces, or workgroups in addition to a primary role in committee, task force, or workgroup
Encouraged involvement by other committee, workgroup, or taskforce members
This recognition is not intended for presenting papers, publications, or speaking at workshops
4. Volunteer Service Recognition nominees are recommended by the individual CLC or HOD committees, task forces or workgroups and submitted to the respective CLC or HOD Steering Committee.
5. Nominations from the CLC are to be supported by the committee steering sub-committee, the committee nominating sub-committee, committee staff liaison, CoP Director and CLC Steering Committee.
6. Nominations from the HOD are to be supported by the HOD Steering Committee, staff liaison, and Speaker of the House.
• Nominations are accepted by all committees.
• Committee members can nominate individuals through their committee leadership/chairs.
• Encourage nominating no more than one individual per committee.
• Nominations must be received at WEF headquarters no later than June 30th.
• Nominations may be submitted via e-mail or regular mail.
• Review and selection of recipients will be completed by July 30th.
• Recipients of Recognition will be notified by committee leadership/chairs after CLC or HOD Steering committee makes selections. Notifications will be completed by August 30th.
• Recipients will be recognized and presented with the pin at WEFTEC.
Volunteer Service Recognition Pin
WEF Staff Contacts:
Theresa Mixon, email@example.com - Committees
703-684-2400 ext. 7214
Kelsey Hurst, firstname.lastname@example.org - House of Delegates
WEF, 601 Wythe St.
Alexandria, VA 22314