The Water Environment Federation invites you to become a trainer in the National Green Infrastructure Certification Program (NGICP). Help meet the certification training needs of NGICP partners and training sites, or develop your own licensed, training program, through this Train-the-Trainer opportunity.
NGICP Train-the-Trainer Workshop
Course & Exam Details
The NGICP Trainer course covers a broad range of topics to prepare you as an NGICP approved trainer:
- NGICP curriculum, slides, interactive activities, field visits, etc.;
- NGICP policies and procedures;
- NGICP exam structure, format, blueprint;
- Basics of adult learning; and
- Lessons learned from previous training to help candidates successfully pass the NGICP exam.
Fee for this workshop is $1500.00. This gives you access to the course material and training curriculum. Once you are ready to train, a training license can be purchased for $7500.00.
- Monday, March 23 – 8am to 5pm CDT
- Tuesday, March 24 – 8am to 5pm CDT
- Wednesday, March 25 – 8am to Noon CDT
All participants applying to become an NGICP approved trainer must possess two of the following three qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor of science degree in water resource management or environmental science
- Minimum 35 hours of experience as a trainer for hands-on, adult learning courses
- Direct experience in Stormwater Green Infrastructure(GI) construction, inspection, or maintenance
Once registration has been completed, please submit the Qualified Trainer Application to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with proof of meeting the two of the three trainer qualifications (listed above).
*Trainers may only hold NGICP trainings under a valid NGICP license. Trainers who do not wish to purchase a license, may only train for an organization that has a valid NGICP license.
Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District
260 W. Seeboth St.
Fee for this workshop is $1500.