They say it takes a village to create a family. Recruiting, retaining, and motivating a talented and diverse workforce is one of the most important challenges facing today’s water and wastewater utilities. As these utilities confront this challenge, it often takes many partners to create a truly sustainable and motivated workforce. Without this kind of workforce, our precious water infrastructure assets will suffer, as will the benefits of clean and safe water for our communities.
Please join EPA and other partners to hear how one utility, the Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD) in Virginia, is working with the Hampton Roads Public Works Academy to help build a pipeline of diverse and motivated staff in many parts of the organization.
- Paula A Hogg – Director of Talent Management
- Dorissa Pitts-Paige – HR Business Partner
- Mike Chapman – Plant Manager
- Keegan Ankofski – Interceptor Systems Chief Maintenance Management
- Anita Hardy – Plant Operator