The Committee shall provide direction and leadership on the formation of government environmental policies, interaction with WEF members and MAs on these policies, and implementation of sound environmental policies.
The Government Affairs Committee has a number of overarching activities as well as specific activities which include:
- Position WEF as a recognized expert voice on all water;
- Provide input on environment-related policies through actions including engagement with government officials and written comments and testimony on regulatory and legislative matters;
- Inform WEF members and MAs and work towards internal consensus on environmental policy issues;
- Promote the establishment of practical and scientifically sound international long-term environmental policy objectives;
- Serve as an advocate of WEF positions within the U.S. and issues relating to U.S. environmental policy;
- Work with the Committee members to implement Strategic Priorities and advance WEF's Position Statements.